peppermint essential oil
On sale soon …
Escentia Peppermint Pure Essential Oil is known for its refreshing and stimulating properties. It is said to aid circulation and treat various digestive upsets. It has also been used to relieve itchiness, repel bugs naturally, reduce nausea, improve skin health, and provide relief from sunburns and pain. It is commonly used in shampoos and conditioners to promote hair growth and reduce dandruff, not to mention that it is heavily utilized in the toothpaste industry. When rubbed onto the temples or inhaled deeply it can be used to aid in congestion and headache relief.
Product Specifications: Peppermint is a perennial herb, up to 1 metre high with green stems and leaves. Mentha Piperita is produced from the hybridisation of three other species of Mentha, all natives of Southern Europe. The plants are now cultivated worldwide.
typical country of origin:
peppermint essential oil can be used for:
The many peppermint oil uses have been documented back to 1,000 B.C. and have been found in several Egyptian pyramids. Today, peppermint oil is recommended for its anti-nausea benefits and for its soothing effects on the gastric lining and colon. It’s also valued for its cooling effects, as it helps to relieve sore muscles when used topically. In addition to this, peppermint essential oil displays antimicrobial properties. Peppermint has been used for the following:
- Sinus Care and other Respiratory Benefits: Inhaling diffused peppermint oil can help to unclog your sinuses and offer relief from a scratchy throat. Peppermint acts as an expectorant, helping to open your airways, clear mucus and reduce congestion, and is one of the best essential oils for colds, the flu, cough, sinusitis, asthma, bronchitis and other respiratory conditions.
- Seasonal Allergy Relief: Peppermint oil is highly effective at relaxing muscles in your nasal passages and helping to clear out the muck and pollen from your respiratory tract during allergy season. It’s considered one of the best essential oils for allergies because of its expectorant, anti-inflammatory and invigorating properties.
- Increase Energy and Improve Exercise Performance: For a non-toxic alternative to dangerous energy drinks, take a few whiffs of peppermint. It will help to boost your energy levels on long road trips, in school or any other time you need enhanced focus and alertness. Peppermint oil may also help to improve memory and alertness when inhaled. And it can be used to enhance your physical performance, whether you need a little push during your weekly workouts or you are training for an athletic event.
- Alleviate Headaches: Peppermint oil has the ability to improve circulation, soothe the gut and relax tense muscles. All of these conditions can cause tension headaches or migraines, making peppermint oil one of the best essential oils for headaches.
- May Improve IBS Symptoms: Peppermint oil taken internally in capsule form has been shown to be effective at naturally treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Peppermint oil reduces spasms in the colon, relaxes the muscles of your intestines, and can help to reduce bloating and gassiness.
Peppermint’s effects on the mind, body and skin include:
- Mind: Seems to relieve states of anger, hysteria and nervous trembling. Ideal for mental fatigue and depression.
- Body: A good remedy for colds by halting mucous and encouraging perspiration. Useful in dry coughs, sinus congestion and general respiratory disorders. Has a major action on the digestive system. Has a relaxing effect on the stomach muscles. Deals with vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation, flatulence, halitosis, colic, gallstones, nausea and travel sickness. Could assist in kidney and liver disorders. Good for numbness of limbs, shock, vertigo, anaemia, dizziness and fainting. A tonic to the heart and mind. Seems to ease headaches, migraines and toothache. A great remedy for aching feet and may provide some relief from rheumatism, neuralgia and muscle-aches.
- Skin: Could be useful in cases of dermatitis, ringworm, scabies and pruritus. Can relieve itching, inflammation and sunburn. Softens skin, enabling removal of blackheads. Has a good effect on greasy skin and hair.
Blends well with: Benzoin, Cedarwood, Cypress, Lavender, Mandarin, Marjoram, Niaouli, Pine and Rosemary.
technique of extraction method:
Peppermint pure essential oil is steam distilled from the rapidly dried herb. It is a pale yellow coloured liquid with a powerful grassy-minty odour, a deep balsamic-sweet undertone and a sweet, clean dry out note. It is a top to middle note oil.
May affect sensitive skin. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use peppermint if you are pregnant. If you are nursing or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.