lemon organic essential oil | 10ml
Escentia Lemon pure essential oil gives off a fresh, citrusy scent that brightens up any room. It may aid digestion when massaged onto the stomach in diluted form, and has been used to ease nausea.
It is also utilized in aromatherapy, cleaning and furniture products, as well as to add a refreshing scent to homes and work spaces. When inhaled it could help to reduce seasonal allergies.
Product Specifications: The lemon, Citrus limon, is a species of small evergreen tree in the flowering plant family Rutaceae, native to South Asia, primarily North eastern India. Its fruits are ellipsoidal in shape. Lemons contain numerous phytochemicals, including polyphenols, terpenes, and tannins.
typical country of origin:
lemon organic essential oil can be used to:
Lemon essential oil is extracted from the peel of fresh lemons using a “cold-pressing” process that pricks and rotates the peel as oil is released. With its bright and joyful aroma, Lemon essential oil benefits skin and hair as much as its aroma enhances your environment. The essential oil can be diluted and applied topically to your skin, as well as diffused into the air and inhaled for further health benefits.
Did you know: If you apply undiluted lemon essential oil onto many kinds of warts regularly, remembering to surround the good skin with a ‘barrier’ (such as coconut oil or neural gel), the wart will drop off after a while.
Some of the benefits of lemon essential oils include the following:
- Helps reduce anxiety and depression symptoms: You may have noticed when using lemon-scented products to clean your home, you feel more relaxed and in a better mood afterward. A 2006 study conducted by PubMed showed that lemon essential oil was a powerful calming and mood-improving agent during stress test experiments. The same study concluded that lemon essential oil was more effective at relieving stress than other essential oils such as lavender and rose. When diffused, Lemon oil provides an uplifting environment that promotes a positive mood. Owing to the chemical makeup of the oil, it has been shown to help improve mood with an energizing and invigorating aroma. If you want to diffuse lemon oil, use three to four drops in an essential oil diffuser of your choice.
- Can ease morning sickness symptoms: Nausea and vomiting are two of the most common symptoms experienced in early pregnancy. There may be reason to believe that lemon essential oil can relieve (or at least decrease) the severity of these symptoms. In a 2014 study, 100 pregnant women were exposed to aromatherapy with lemon essential oil. The results concluded that the oil helped decrease the levels of nausea and vomiting significantly amongst these women. Not only will it help with morning sickness, it will leave a lemon-fresh scent around the house.
- Natural skin exfoliator: When incorporated into your skincare routine, Lemon oil can help give your complexion a refreshed, healthy looking glow. To make your own homemade exfoliate scrub, combine 4 – 5 drops of Lemon essential oil into a small amount of oatmeal and water. As you apply the Lemon oatmeal scrub to your skin, you will feel the cleansing and refreshing properties of Lemon oil working to exfoliate and clean your skin.
- Natural furniture maintenance aid: The cleansing and preserving qualities of Lemon make it the ideal oil for maintaining your furniture. Whether your furniture could use a good wipe-down or a brand-new shine, there are several uses for Lemon essential oil when it comes to cleaning and preserving furniture. By adding a few drops of Lemon essential oil to olive oil, you can create your own non-toxic furniture polish at home. Lemon essential oil leaves a clean shine, prevents fine wood finishes from drying out, and can replace lost moisture in antique woods as it penetrates worn finishes. It is recommended to apply the polish in an inconspicuous spot first before applying it to the entire piece, to see if the surface reacts accordingly to the polish.
- Removes grease from your hands with ease: If you like working on machinery such as your bike or your car, or projects in general within the garage, you know the frustration of trying to get black grease off your hands. No matter how hard you scrub with soap, there always seems to be a greasy residue left behind. Give your soap a little extra boost in cleaning power by adding a few drops of Lemon essential oil to your soap mixture, and give your hands a good scrub.
- Helps restore tarnished metals and jewellery: Lemon oil is a great remedy for alleviating the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals. No need to throw out jewellery, silverware, or other household items that have started to tarnish—just put a couple drops of Lemon essential oil on a cotton ball, and rub on the tarnished area to bring back the natural beauty of your metals.
Blends well with: Chamomile, eucalyptus, frankincense, geranium, peppermint, sandalwood, and ylang ylang.
technique of extraction method:
Escentia’s Lemon essential oil is extracted from the peel of fresh lemons using a “cold-pressing” process that pricks and rotates the peel as oil is released.
Lemon is photosensitive, wait 45 minutes after applying before going out into the sun. May affect sensitive skin. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Note: We supply both Lemon pure essential oil and Lemon organic essential oil.